From Dictation to Transcription

Finally finished working my way through Gregg Dictation Simplified 2nd Edition. Two lessons into Gregg Transcription Simplified and I'm noticing that it is quite a different book from the first two. There's no real instruction or fluff, just lots and lots of material to practice with, which is exactly what I need. I like that it promises to cover every abbreviating principle in each chapter, rather than focusing on only a few principles with each.

My only real complaint is that the copy I am working from has a lot of writing in it. Several outlines (or even just parts of them) on each page are circled, while others have the words written next to them. It's not unusable, but I am debating ordering a new copy.

Overall, I'm mostly happy with my progress. Onward and forward!

Labels: , ,