Simplified vs. Diamond Jubilee?

I've been learning Simplified for a few weeks now, and've just come across its various suffixes/prefixes. I had a hard enough time before learning to distinguish words like fate/fat, nuke/nook, even in context (since I enjoy reading/writing experimental works), but I got the hang of it. Now I'm experiencing that same frustration with knowing when the -esh ending is actually -esh or -ation or -ition. It also comes across to me as a further removal of precision for the sake of speed, when I'm a hobbyist and not a court reporter. If I see something like a-m-b-e-sh (instead of a-m-b-e-sh-n), I see "ambush" and will sooner get confused by such a random word than see its context and understand. And the detached -ed to make words like "shipped" into "sh d" totally blows my mind =P

Anyway, I remember reading that Diamond Jubilee expanded some brief forms, removed the disconnected past tense -ed, and started writing out more of the abbreviated prefixes/suffixes, creating a much lower memory load while still maintaining efficiency. What are some more of the key differences between these two styles? Google produces disappointingly few relevant results, and shorthand resources online seem sparse in general.

Would Diamond Jubilee be more suited for casual journaling and note-taking where later legibility is more important than having a break-neck speed?

Thanks :)


(by erik for everyone)

Labels: , , ,