Abolishionists

Good point, Alex; I didn't think about that. The reason for creating Anything Goes wasn't just for idle chatter, but I think that since it is a particular kind of person who pursues shorthand in this day and age, there might be other similarities between group members as well, and that they might benefit from having a market for sharing them.

Still, a good portion of our members receive messages to their inbox, and I wouldn't want the new discussion board to reduce participation. I think I'll delete "Anything Goes", but if you don't mind, I'll leave it up for a few more days in case anyone wants to try to dissuade me.

By the way, the email settings are very customizable. Click "Member Tools" and "Change Your Email Settings" to choose between:
1) Receiving all messages to Inbox;
2) Receive a daily digest to Inbox;
3) Receive no messages to Inbox;
4) Recieve only certain discussion threads to Inbox.

Unfortunately, there is no way to recieve only the "General" discussion board in your email inbox.


(by johnsapp for everyone)

Well . . . I've gotta say I'm not thrilled with the change . . . I'm drowning in e-mail messages every day, and am selective about what gets read and doesn't. If the messages in this group aren't going to be related to Gregg shorthand, then maybe I'll just visit the web sit periodically instead of getting the messages via e-mail--is that an option with the MSN groups? I know it works that way with Yahoo groups. Even that way I hope it will be possible to distinguish the "on topic" messages from the "off topic."

Alex

Labels: