doezis shorthand




(by johnsapp for everyone)
  
Relocated from General forum:

From: MSN Nicknamelapousa  (Original Message)
Sent: 3/28/2006 3:47 AM

I'm interested in the spanish version of the doezis shorthand.
I assume that there are very few changes in respect to the english version.
I searched e-bay and abe-books without succes.
Thanks in advance
Durosay



Reply
Recommend Delete    Message 2 of 4 in Discussion 
From: MSN NicknameDocBandstand11 Sent: 3/28/2006 4:49 PM

What is doezis shorthand? It sounds a bit contagious!     DOC

Reply
Recommend Delete    Message 3 of 4 in Discussion 
From: MSN NicknameGeorgeAmberson1 Sent: 3/29/2006 1:39 AM
I looked at the database at the Library of Congress, and the only books by a man named Doezis are books in Spanish.

I don't think there ever was an English version, or, if there was, it was exceedingly obscure; I've studied shorthand history in the US, and I've never heard of it.

Reply
Recommend Delete    Message 4 of 4 in Discussion 
From: MSN NicknameGeorgeAmberson1 Sent: 3/29/2006 2:04 AM
Doc:

I did a little research on Doezis. He was a stenographer of great renown in Chile in the 50s and 60s, who invented his own shorthand.

As far as I'm able to discern, there's never been an English version.

Labels: