History in Shorthand


Hello everyone. I just became a member of the group last Saturday, and did so with the express intent of seeing if anyone would be willing to help me transcribe some short hand documents. I work at the Atlanta History Center in Atlanta Georgia, as an archivist, and I am currently working on our Leo Frank Manuscript collection. In doing so I have come accross alot of letters and notes that have been written in what I beleive to be Gregg Shorthand. Unfortunatly no one here can read them. I would very much like to know that these letters say, so that I can provide that information to the research community. If anyone can be of assistance please let me know. I can be reached at jjohnston@atlantahistorycenter.com As a breif note this collection dose revolve around a murder case so the letters may be grapic, of course they could also be the days shopping list, since I cant read them I have no idea. The following link goes to the Georgia encyclopedia entry for Leo Frank. http://www.georgiaencyclopedia.org/nge/Article.jsp?id=h-906&hl=y Again I
appreciate any help that anyone can offer. I'll be checking back soon!

- Jennifer 

(by atlarchives for everyone)

Labels: