Question for Ian- Sweet's Current Shorthand

Ian,

I read your post that contained your liking for Sweet's Current Shorthand. I was sufficiently intrigued to do some research and discovered that there is a reprint manual available- $50 US. I'm willing to part with that if it's really a viable system. I noted that GB Shaw was familiar with it Sweet's but he, and a number of others, were apparently somewhat critical of the system due to the way Sweet abbreviated his shorthand- making it impossible for any but Sweet to transcribe- does this track with your experience? I really like the linearity of Sweet's example, but as noted elsewhere, the ability to accurately transcribe is very important to me. I do like that Sweet could apparently write his shorthand at 150 wpm- cool!.

Thanks! Appreciate any insights.

Cheers,

Tom



(by tom_in_co for everyone)

Labels: