Hello Everybody

Hello,

I'm new to the group and have decided I'm going to try and learn Gregg shorthand because, after seeing Mark Semler's excellent www.geocities.com/shorthandshorthandshorthand site and the resources available on http://gregg.angelfishy.net/, I think I might have been missing out.

My background is entirely Teeline (120wpm) - from training as a journalist - with a little dash of Pitman.

I've had it in my mind - despite what Mr Semler says - that it's far easier to learn shorthand in a class environment than going it alone. But theories need testing, so I'm going to find out for myself how easy (I fear I might mean difficult) it is. Hopefully, I'll be eating humble pie in a few months' time.

So, if anybody has any tips to guide my on my foray into the wonderful world of Gregg, you'd find a very grateful recipient on the other side of the shorthand fence.

Best wishes to you all.

Laurence

P.S
I also run a website dedicated to shorthand (mainly aimed at journalists in the UK, Australia and NZ) and if the group wanted some dictation files from my site (the name of which I'm not mentioning here because I have a great dislike for spammers) please say and I'll get them uploaded to this group (if I can work out how to do that).


(by shorthandworld1 for everyone)

Labels: