Penmanship troubles

Hello everyone. I'm a perfectionist about my penmanship, and there are some letter combinations that I just can't seem to write correctly. I was wondering if anybody had any tips or practices that they use to help correct these problems:

1. "to", "do", "to do" - I always make the U into an angle. I can get a curve on "to" if I really try, but "do" is hopeless! I nearly died when I saw "what-to-do" in Anniversary (o-t-dt-u).

2. m + a + forward/upward stroke. My "a" becomes a rounded or angular triangle instead of a lovely circle as seen in the manuals. Same thing happens in the word "now".

3. d + a/e + downward stroke. I realize the "a/e" is supposed to stretch out, but I invariably stretch it so much that the "d" looks like a "t" and the following stroke is illegible ("deep" looks like "tass", "days" looks like Anni "dares").

I'm sure I'll come up with more as I scrutinize my specific problems. Feel free to post about your own and if I have any tips, I'll share them too!

Thanks for any help :)




(by niftyboy1 for everyone)
 

Labels: