- Common Questions
- I don't have a teacher. How do I study Gregg Shorthand?
- How does one write on lined paper?
- My steno notebook has a line in the middle. Why?
- What's the difference between versions of Gregg Shorthand and which book should I get?
- I have bad handwriting and I'm busy at school. Can I learn Gregg Shorthand?
- Which version of shorthand should I learn?
- I'm a lefty. How can I write Gregg Shorthand?
- I'm learning Gregg and want to know what other books are available.
- I have a manual that reads "Functional Method." Is this a different version of Gregg?
- What can I do to improve my writing speed?
- Is there a difference between the high school and college versions of Gregg books? Also, what is the correct order of books to study after the basic manual?
- Which version of Gregg is the best?
- Reading Selections
- Learning Aids
16 August 2007
How to Study Gregg Shorthand??
I need to know a good way to study shorthand. I'm learning from the Diamond Jubilee Series, Second Edition book along with the Shorthand for Colleges workbook also Diamond Jubilee Series, Volume One, Second Edition. I practice the strokes first, read the section at the end of the chapter twice, then write it out. I then go on to the workbook and write out the words in the chapter. Is this okay? Is there a better way?
P.S. Great Site!!