Gregg article


Hey Everyone,
I'm a freelance writer (and recent convert to Gregg) just getting started on research for an article about shorthand in America. Although I know a bit about the history of Gregg, I'm clueless about its current status: who still uses it; is there a 'shorthand community'; how has it evolved since the schools largely abandoned it etc? In short, what are the lingering cultural effects shorthand in a world that seems to have largely passed it by.
I guess what I'm looking for is a 'guide' to lead me into the modern (if that's the word) world of Gregg. Someone to introduce me not only to modern converts, like me, but also to the old reporters and stenos and secretaries etc. who clung to shorthand in the face of competition from computers, digital recorders et al. Any suggestions?
I can use all the help I can get.
Thanks,
Dennis

(by dennisinhawaii for everyone)

Labels: