medical Gregg???

Hello,

I'm interested in learning shorthand and have looked for information about it several times but just recently decided to give it a go. I'm a medical resident and often find myself wanting to take detailed notes, especially at didactic style conferences so I can review them later. I was going to make up my own abbreviations, but quickly realized that I needed something proven to work, adaptable, and consistent.

I was wondering if someone could answer some questions for me. (I don't have time at the moment to go through each thread on here and I'm not sure how to search the threads):
- I found the angelfishy site and saw it briefly mentioned that one of the Gregg versions has medical forms one can learn (don't remember which one). Does anyone have any more information on that?
- Where can I get learning materials for a reasonable price? (I, like many other residents, am poor :-P )
- I saw the Anniversary manual PDF on the angelfishy site; is that recommended? Is it adequate on its own? (I'm not opposed to investing time to learning the system. I have 3 1/2 more years of residency yet!)
- How should I approach learning this on my own?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions. If there is anyone else here who uses Gregg for medical purposes I'd appreciate any input they can offer.

Sam


(by phantastyque5 for everyone)

Labels: