A good dictation website

Hey, I heard some members on the forum say that the 2 minute dictations used are too short, well on the Australian reporters website under this link:

http://sraa.org/reporters_speed.htm

there is a bunch of past dictations from the accreditation test which are 5 minutes and are good quality practice. >>>Some serious Aussie accents though. Even I was put off by some of them -- and I'm Australian.

Here in Australia its all steno, although I think the acccreditation can be done in pen. When I get a bit faster I might have a go at the accreditation just so I can hand it to employers. Also I'd imagine a shorthand accreditation might give you weight in a court if you by chance recorded an important paragraph to the case. 




(by michael_lisitsa for everyone)
 

Labels: