practice resources, television/PBS shows

In general I have found the history channel shows the best for
practicing shorthand. In particular a long time ago there was
once a 27 episode series by UCLA history professor Eugene
Weber on the history of western civilization for which I took
detailed notes and enjoyed immensely. As I have just gone
back to having cable tv (after a decade or so break) I was
wondering if anyone had any suggestions for
interesting television shows for practicing shorthand?


The comedy shows can be good, but mostly humour depends
too much on timing and delivery and you don't really record those.
Still I am planning on practicing next on a DVD for Steve Martin's
The Man with Two Brains. (The name of the doctor played by
Martin won't be easy-- Dr. Frhurhurh or something.)


Richard Harper




(by harpersnotes2 for everyone)

Labels: