The Handywrite whizkid

There's a 13 year old posting impressive speeds of Handywrite shorthand these last few months.
His name is Jan but goes under 'ocergnairb' I wonder if he surfs this forum?

The major thing I noticed as a pose to my own studies, is that after 3 months he was having almost no gaps between words. He is learning Handywrite which has much less rules, but if you've seen his video,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo3XUObpn6w&feature=related

you'll be sufficiently impressed.

My personal experience with Handywrite was unfortunately not very good. It didn't seem a very developed system, but if he keeps going much higher I might have to start retracting my words, or just using the genius excuse.

SOMETHING I've noticed myself though, is that you don't lose your shorthand speed much even if you don't do speed drills. For the last 4 months I've been doing no speed drills and only using shorthand here and there around half an hour a day, yet I can still watch my top 140 words per minute dictation and record it as fast as I ever could.

Like riding a bike!!!



(by Michael for everyone)
 

Labels: