SuperWrite

I'm curious if anyone has any experience with the "SuperWrite" system, authored by James Lemasters.  It's another alphabetic "shorthand" system . . . It seems like several different volumes and editions were published, and the books show up on e-bay and in places like abe.com. 
One thing that puzzles me is his use of non-phonetic letters.  I can't quite figure out the theory behind it.  For example, he retains the letter "c" with the sound of "s".  "See" is written "s-e", but "price" is written "p-r-i-c".  And he retains "y" . . . "lazy" is written "l-a-z-y".  Yet "easy", which has the "z" sound, is written "e-s-y". 
I think if I had been a student confronted with this, it would have driven me crazy . . . you really can't retain traditional spelling yet present a phonetic system at the same time.
Anyone ever actually use SuperWrite?

(by Lee for group greggshorthand)

Labels: