Polish Gregg shorthand - anybody could help?

Hello everyone!
I'd written to you somewhere on this group a comment, several months ago asking if anybody knows something about Polish version of Gregg. Now I finished my search, there is one, made in 1926 by Jozef Widzowski, the Polish stenographer. Apparently however it is still under author's law, renewed at 1954, held by McGraw&Hill. The only specimen of this book on my side of the Ocean is in Bodleian Library, Oxford, GB. Of course I wrote to them and they sent me as much, as they legally could: 12 pages of my choice (I've choosen 1st chapter), for which I had to pay as you pay for the whole course. It is not enough, of course to learn the shorthand.
I wrote to McGraw&Hill asking them to sell me this book, but, of course, no answer.

My question is: If there is anybody here, who could help us to buy this book?
http://www.ibiblio.org/ccer/1926a8.htm

Stenografja polska: ze systemu amerykanskiego; przelozyl i do jezyka
polskiego przystosowal. Jozef Widzowski
, tlumacz. Š 22Dec26; A957841.
McGraw-Hill Book Co., inc. (PWH); 25Jan54; R124302.

Shorthand in Poland was used to professional uses (Parliament and court stenography) and in last 20 years almost died (AFAIK it is still in use in the Parliament). Modern version of shorthand needs to at least two years of hard work to learn, which is impossible to take, if you're not aimed on profession of stenographer or just a freak. However it looks like extremely efficient and fast system. Unfortunately, it is positioned (vowels are not written, but change a position of the syllable) and really impossible to use before the whole course is finished.
We need something, that benefits would be visible just after beginning of learning process, clear to understand, straight and simple in its theory, otherwise the shorthand in Poland will be a niche held by Polish Society of Professional Stenographers, Stenotypist and Secretaries with address in one professional school. At the same time students establish their private shorthand systems (I did it, and I know about at least 5 other guys they've done it) without any support, to take notes on lectures. Gregg looks like system which could be universal for our needs, I mean students, and other people of lots-of-writing.

Greetings
Krzysztof Smirnow


(by Krzysztof for group greggshorthand)

 

Labels: ,