Question about Recording for Dictation -- varying speed within a passage

I did more recording today. Changing the files to get different speeds is a project for another day.

Speaking at the correct speed is not easy.

If my target speed is 60wpm, I mark it in 10 word sections (14 syllables, which agrees with the 20-word marks in the text).

However, even when I watch the clock and keep strictly to 1 word per second, it rapidly gets out of sync with the word markings.

How annoying would it be if I went a bit faster, maybe up to 100wpm, for maybe 7 words, then slow for 3, and maybe even paused, to hit the 10-second marks? Deviate slightly to keep phrases together. I think going fast and then slow is better than slow and then fast.

Would this change when I record the higher speeds?

In other news, a Cepstral voice for private use is a reasonable price, but the licensing for publishing recordings is expensive, and doesn't look like it covers publishing on the internet.



(by Cricket for everyone)
 



Labels: ,