shorthand progress

Hello everyone,
I've been working at the Anniversary Edition about an hour every other day for a couple months now, and I'm finding my reading is still REALLY slow (1-3 seconds per form). Because both the Anniversary Manual and the Functional Method books are so dense (ie. one or two practice readings with new forms and immediately onto to the next set of forms), staying alert for the always-new brief forms and correct vowels make me feel like I'm decoding and not reading. The wide context of the first few practice texts is keeping my pace slow, even after I read them many times. 

Is this typical progress in shorthand? I'm trying to gauge what's a normal expectation, and what's unrealistically optimistic. Thanks for your advice.

(by Tom for group greggshorthand)

Labels: , ,