English Text Translations

I'm pretty new to this group, I thank you all for such a well laid out place to discover new learning tools for writing shorthand.  I am learning Anniversary, and I recently acquired the functional method books and love the reading material it offers.

I also have the American Readings in Gregg Shorthand of which I would love to have the English Texts to aid in my learning, similar to the way Mr. Leslie presented the texts at the rear of the Functional Method so that you could immediately look to the key for any unsure forms.

I know that many of you have read (and may re-read) the stories that are presented on this site in PDF form, and think that it would be a brilliant idea for this site to house keys to all of the shorthand reading material. 

I wonder if any of you more experienced shorthand readers & writers would be willing to read and transcribe the shorthand into English so that those who are new at this could have yet another great learning tool.

I'm sure that this site houses the most complete information on the web pertaining to shorthand;  the web search for a key to various stories that results in "the original English Text comes from an unknown source" is a bit disheartening when there are so many in this forum that are capable of providing those keys simply by transcribing them into English text so that the keys are not lost to an entire group of people looking to learn the art of writing shorthand.

This is my first post & I don't know if anyone has suggested this before, but for any of you that enjoy reading shorthand that could do this to help the newcomers, I'm sure your efforts will really be beneficial to us all.

I hope some texts come from this.

Books I have that I would like a key for:

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
The Great Stone Face
Rip Van Winkle
The Man Without a Country
*Creeds of Great Businessmen
Alice In Wonderland

(non-Anniversary)
Sign of the Four






* - denotes a book for which a key is already present online


(by bay for group greggshorthand)

Labels: ,