Yet another novice!

Hey, my name is Nathan and I've been practicing Simplified on and off for a few months now. I'm a Sophomore in college and thought (Because I'm going for a PHD) that being able to literally dictate the notes as the professor lectures would be if not useful, a feat that would make me feel cool at least.
Anyway, about a month ago I decided to get serious about it so that I could actually use it in school. I'm also a major goal-setter and would like a very concrete goal for 6 months, 1 year marks. So my question is what is a good goal (challenging, but not impossible) for those two, if not longer? I probably won't bother going to 200 WPM but I do want to get around 150 eventually. I try to practice (and generally succeed) in doing about an hour every day.
Also, all I have is the basic simplified manual. What other good Simplified books are out there?

(by Tannor for group greggshorthand)

Labels: ,