- Common Questions
- I don't have a teacher. How do I study Gregg Shorthand?
- How does one write on lined paper?
- My steno notebook has a line in the middle. Why?
- What's the difference between versions of Gregg Shorthand and which book should I get?
- I have bad handwriting and I'm busy at school. Can I learn Gregg Shorthand?
- Which version of shorthand should I learn?
- I'm a lefty. How can I write Gregg Shorthand?
- I'm learning Gregg and want to know what other books are available.
- I have a manual that reads "Functional Method." Is this a different version of Gregg?
- What can I do to improve my writing speed?
- Is there a difference between the high school and college versions of Gregg books? Also, what is the correct order of books to study after the basic manual?
- Which version of Gregg is the best?
- Reading Selections
- Learning Aids
22 November 2013
Difference between College and standard editions of speed building?
I am looking to buy either "Gregg speed building for colleges: Simplified ed" or "Gregg speed building simplified" and I'm wondering which would be best. My Simplified is getting halfway decent, although I could definitely use more practice in order to get down all of the abbreviating principles. Up to now I have focused far more on accuracy than speed. Any recommendations? What's the functional difference between the editions? Does it make sense to get both? (and, if so, which is best to start with?)